Welcome to the
Bunnell Elementary School Media Center
The BES Media Center is a learning commons where students are empowered to work creatively and collaboratively while demonstrating critical inquiry and information literacy.
The mission of the BES Media Center is to offer forward-thinking instruction that develops the student's skill set to be an integral part of a global community.
* Technology is a pathway to a global audience.
* A collaborative of expertise is present in every environment.
* Persisting through challenges strengthens understanding and confidence.
* In order to be prepared for the work force students must be able to locate, organize, analyze, evaluate, synthesize, and ethically use information.
* Being a responsible digital citizen is essential to success.
* Reading is a window to the world which can be experienced in a variety of formats for pleasure or growth. Access to information and stories across multiple platforms is essential to learning.
* Creating information and stories is just as important as consuming information and stories.
* Reflection and self-assessment promote excellence.